Categorized | Random, Travel, USA

Quick Trip to Big D

Clouds in Louisiana

It has been a very busy week for me as I prepare to leave for South Korea. I decided I needed to go see some friends before I left town, and pick up some things from storage while there.

Friday started out with a long drive to Dallas. It took a little longer than usual with a few slow downs for construction and then some rush hour traffic in Dallas when I got there. I made it in about 12 hours when it usually takes between 10.5 and 11. So after a long drive I was ready to relax and catch up on how my friends were doing with their new baby girl.

This will always be home.
Saturday was a lazy day consisting of watching football and playing some Wii. It was a good day however, since I needed a rest. Sunday was what I was looking forward to the most. After a trip down the road to Paul and Krissy’s new found church (which was very good by the way), we settled in for some BBQ and football. P&K had invited old friends over for the day and I showed Paul how to make whitewings, which turned out fantastic. Good food and good company made for an enjoyable day. It didn’t hurt that the Cowboys played well that day too and got a much needed victory. All in all Sunday was a great day, but I was not ready for the ride back home on Monday. It was good to see Paul, Krissy, their new little girl Morgan, Buddy & Melissa and their little girl Addyson (who treated us to some singing for our Sunday afternoon entertainment), Brandon, and Deborah (or G Deb instead of Granny). Hopefully I will get to see everyone again in short time.

Morgan Kempton posing for Halloween Pictures.

Monday brought rain and another 12 hour journey back home. The ride home always seems longer too doesn’t it? Immediately after arriving home, I started to pack. The plan was to either leave Tuesday night or Wednesday morning to Atlanta. I had to go to Atlanta to visit the Korean Consulate there in order to get my work visa stamped into my passport. So late into the night Monday I was packing. Wednesday would be the interview day for the consulate, and Thursday I would pick up my passport. Then Friday I was planning on flying out so there was little time to get things done.

As it turned out, I will not fly out till Monday and I will explain all of that and how the trip to Atlanta went in the next post.

Till then,

About Eric Bynum
I taught ESL for three years in South Korea and now I am looking to set out on a new journey after just finishing my teaching certification in the US. I hope to continue teaching and traveling and you can follow his journeys here.

Be Sociable, Share!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *